Monday 18 January 2016

Driver's Eye View

The last few weeks have been busy and I've amassed a back-blog again. Not to worry as the 'blog has had to give way to actual progress being made.
The way forward
Apparent from the above photo is the gauge glass and valves with protector, the double check valve, the safety valves and the forward-reverse and sanding levers.
Compare with this photo taken in 2005.
January 2005
One lever has disappeared so that the sanding gear only requires a single lever for both front and rear sanders. The former right hand lever used to do the off-side rear sander only. Why was it done like that? I hear you ask. A very good question to which I don't know the answer. More detail here.
January 2016
I've seen a number of photos of 7109 or the Radstock Sentinels showing huge levers in the cab. I'd always thought they looked too high and that modellers had made them too high also.
Tall levers?
I guess I was wrong. They are pretty tall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...